Attention UFV Faculty!
Did you know that many of your course readings, particularly for scholarly journal articles, are available in UFV’s electronic journals collection?
The UFV Library is offering a service to create electronic reading lists for your courses.
We can create persistent links to our licensed or open access journal, magazine and newspaper content, to e-books, or to freely available web documents, such as government reports. Students can click on the link to access the course reading. These links will work from off-campus.
• Instructors can email their course readings lists to the UFV library. We will add persistent links to all readings available electronically, if possible.
• The list will be emailed back to the instructor.
• You may then use the document in Blackboard, myUFV, as an email handout to students, or on a course web page.
• A second option is to have us prepare an electronic course reserves page within the UFV Library catalogue.
• UFV has already paid licensing fees for access to this content. Students do not have to duplicate this payment in the form of royalty fees.
• Additional readings can be added at any time throughout the semester.
• Students can access the readings from any computer, both on and off campus
• We are not arranging to digitize and link to print book chapters.
• Not all journals are available in UFV’s licensed collection.
• Please allow adequate processing time.
The Electronic Reading List request form is available at:
For more information, contact Patti Wilson at loc. 4277