Do you need to find information about chemical substances and structures? Named reactions? UFV now has access to the best resource available, The Merck Index Online.
The Merck Index Online is a standard Chemistry reference source, providing authoritative information on chemicals, drugs and biologicals. It includes over 11,500 substance monographs and a searchable collection of over 500 named reactions.
Substance Monographs include the following information:
- Names, synonyms and tradenames
- Chemical structures
- Physical properties (e.g. mp, bp, density)
- Applications and usage
- Bioactivity data
- Literature references
- Human and veterinary drugs
- Biotech drugs and monoclonal antibodies
- Substances used for medical imaging
- Biologicals and natural products
- Plant and herbal medicines
- Nutraceuticals and cosmeceuticals
- Laboratory reagents and catalysts
- Dyes, colour and indicators
- Environmentally significant substances
- Food additives and nutritional supplements
- Flavours and fragrances
- Agricultural chemicals, pesticides and herbicides
- Industrial and specialty chemicals
For more information, contact Patti Wilson or Hongfei Li.
Posted March 26, 2014