- see which items are signed out to you and when they are due; and
- renew items so that you can keep them beyond the original due date without paying fines.
- reserve an item currently checked out to someone else;
- have an item transferred from another of UFV's campus libraries; or
- get your hands on an item that we've just received but haven't yet placed on the shelves.
How do I find out my Library PIN if I don't already know it?
In early February, we'll be sending you an email message with your Library PIN. You'll want to keep it in a safe place, just in case you forget (but don't worry, you can always contact us if you forget your Library PIN).
But if you don't want to wait until then (and you probably won't), you can come in to any of the UFV libraries and ask for your Library PIN - you'll need to provide us with your UFV ID card or some other form of photo ID.
If you can't come into the library, you can call us at (604) 504-7441 x4344, or use our online form. We may ask you questions to verify that you are who you say you are (for your own protection and privacy, of course).
A special note for UFV employees who are or have been UFV students: Please check to make sure that the preferred email address listed in your Banner record is one that you check most often, as this is where library email notices are being sent. To check your record:
- Log on to myUFV
- Click on the Personal Information link
- Click on the View E-mail Addresses link
Can I change my Library PIN?
Yes. Simply go to My Library Account and select the "Change my library PIN" option. Log in with your UFV ID number and current Library PIN, then follow the prompts to select a new one. Don't forget to log off or close your browser if you're using a public computer.
Who should I contact for more information?
For more information on Library PINs and other issues related to borrowing library materials, contact Brenda Phillip, email@example.com or (604) 504-7441 x4191. For more on changes to interlibrary loan request procedures, contact Colleen Bell, firstname.lastname@example.org or (604) 504-7441 x4396.