Due to the COVID-19 situation, UFV Libraries (Chilliwack and Abbotsford) are closed until further notice. Library staff have all transitioned to working remotely. Services and assistance are available online and by email.
Off Campus Access to Library Resources
- Many of our best library resources are available online. Check here for details.
- A new Publisher Responses to COVID-19 LibGuide gives information on accessing more online resources during the pandemic. This guide is being updated frequently.
- As of March 18, 2020 the Abbotsford and Chilliwack campus library facilities are closed.
Computer Access and Study Spaces
- For the most recent information on computer lab and building opening hours, see the UFV Urgent News blog.
Borrowing and Returning Items
- As the libraries are closed, our physical collections are not accessible.
- You do not have to return library materials at this time. We are automatically extending all loan periods. No overdue or recall fines will be charged. Currently you are still able to return materials to our book drops.
- We are unable to fill hold requests.
- We are not taking payments for fines at this time. Banner blocks will be temporarily removed to enable registration.
- Interlibrary loans of print materials are not available. ILL for journal articles may also be affected depending on services across the country.
- If you are off campus, you can ask questions and get help using the services listed below.
|AskAway online chat reference service. Get help with your library research by chatting with a librarian in real time.
- UFV Library employees are working to support faculty and students through this time period.
- Contact your liaison librarian for assistance locating resources and creating virtual reading lists for your online courses.
- Consult our Open Educational Resources LibGuide for help locating OER resources.
- The UFV Bookstore is operating to support faculty and students with course textbooks. Please see their website for details on accessing print and electronic textbooks.
- Many academic publishers are opening up electronic resources for a limited period of time. There is a spreadsheet available tracking the different initiatives. The library will be following up with offers that are applicable to us, and documenting this on a new LibGuide.
- It is important to operate within copyright compliance. Consult our Copyright LibGuide for more information.
Information sources about COVID-19:
- UFV: Urgent News : https://blogs.ufv.ca/urgent-news
- BC Centre for Disease Control: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19
Updated: April 3, 2020/MAM