We hope your semester is going well!
UFV HAS AN UPDATED MASK POLICY: – Non-medical masks or face-coverings must be worn in all UFV spaces except if alone in your private office or workspace
- At the present time, the Abbotsford and Chilliwack campus libraries are closed to the public.
- You can request library books from Abbotsford and Chilliwack through our Select and Collect service.
- Chilliwack: Outside south entrance of A building
- Abbotsford: Outside north entrance of G building
[Note: there may be a delay in clearing the items from your account, particularly in Chilliwack.)
- We are not taking payments for fines at this time. Banner blocks will be temporarily removed to enable registration.
- Your Campus card is your library card. You can get your card from the Campus Card office.
- Many of our best library resources are available online. Check here for details.
- We have a trial of Docuseek's documentary film collection.
- We've been developing a number of online tutorials, videos and LibGuides.
- For more help, consult our UFV Student Library Orientation LibGuide.
- Building G is open from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
- Study space is available in Building A in rooms 300, 305 and 315. Rooms will be open Monday to Saturday from 9 am - 12 pm, and 1 pm - 4 pm. Closed 12 - 1 for cleaning.
- The computer lab in Building D, room 226 is open. The computer lab in G210 is closed.
- You can now access computer lab software remotely, from off campus.
- Click here for details on lab hours and remote connection.
- Do you need to get together with a group? Students now have access to a Zoom account through UFV. "Zoom is a secure video conferencing platform that allows participants to collaborate, share screens, and conduct group activities from nearly any device."
- Interlibrary Loans for journal articles are usually available. Interlibrary loans of print materials are not available at this time.
- You can ask questions and get help using the services listed below.
- AskAway online chat reference service.
- Email reference services: Email your library research questions to a UFV librarian. We will get back to you within 24 hours.
- Request an appointment: you can request an online appointment with a reference librarian to get help with your research. Please give us 3 days lead time.
- Library staff can help digitize course readings or media resources to put into Blackboard courses. Our intake forms are available here.
- Faculty may contact their liaison librarian for assistance locating resources and creating virtual reading lists for online courses.
- Consult our Open Educational Resources LibGuide for help locating OER resources.
- The UFV Bookstore supports faculty and students with course textbooks. Please see their website for details on accessing print and electronic textbooks.
- It is important to operate within copyright compliance. Consult our Copyright Libguide.