September 24th, 2021
- The library fully reopened on September 13, 2021, with regular semester hours.
- More details on our opening hours are available here
- Masks are required in all UFV indoor spaces. More information for students is available in the Return to Campus Summary - Students document.
Food and Drink Policy Revised
- Due to COVID, masks must be worn at all times in the public areas of the library. As such:
- only covered drinks are permitted and masks must be worn at all times except while actually drinking
- eating food of any kind is not permitted
Borrowing and Returning Items
- You can sign out materials, pay fines, and return books at the service counter. More details are available here.
- If the book or DVD you want is checked out, you can place a hold on it.
- You may return items inside the library during opening hours or use our exterior book drops.
- Chilliwack: Outside south entrance of A building
- Abbotsford: Outside north entrance of G building
- Fine payments may be made in person or by credit card over the phone.
- If you have long-overdue items from the UFV Library, please return them or contact the library. Students’ ability to register for classes, get a transcript, or to graduate could be impacted if you have overdue items.
- Your Campus card is your library card. You can get your card from the Campus Card office.
Off Campus Access to Library Resources
- Many of our best library resources are available online. Check here for details.
Computer Access and Study Spaces
- Study spaces and computers are now open for drop-in use in the UFV Libraries.
Chilliwack Computer lab A1202 hours
(as of Sept. 13th, 2021)
Monday to Thursday
8:00 am - 10:00 pm
8:00 am - 6:00 pm
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- You can access computer lab software remotely, from off campus.
Where Can I Do My Online Course?
- UFV has set aside space for students to participate in an on-line class while they are on the Abbotsford and Chilliwack campuses.
- Students should be aware that the UFV provided computers are not equipped with cameras, so plan to bring your phone if you need to be seen or communicate other than through the Chat option. Headphones will normally be required, and you are asked to be respectful of those around you when speaking to your on-line classmates.
- D 228 (computer equipped room) 8:30 am – 9:00 pm Monday to Thursday. 8:30 am to 6:00 pm Fridays
- K 153 (classroom, supply your own device) 8:30 am to 6:00 pm Monday to Friday
- Chilliwack (8:30 am to 8:30 pm, Monday to Thursday. 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Fridays)
- A 1202 (computer equipped room) (When not booked for classes)
- Lounge on the second floor of A building (When it's not busy)
- Do you need to get together with a group? Students now have access to a Zoom account through UFV. "Zoom is a secure video conferencing platform that allows participants to collaborate, share screens, and conduct group activities from nearly any device."
- You may also book a group study room in either Abbotsford or Chilliwack.
- You can ask questions and get help using the services listed below.
- AskAway online chat reference service.
- Email reference services: Email your library research questions to a UFV librarian. We will get back to you within 24 hours.
- Request an appointment: you can request an online appointment with a reference librarian to get help with your research. Please give us 3 days lead time.
- In person reference services resumed on September 13, 2021.
- Interlibrary Loans services for journal articles and print books are fully operational.
- Library staff can help digitize course readings or media resources to put into Blackboard courses. Our intake forms are available here.
- Faculty may contact their liaison librarian for assistance locating resources and creating virtual reading lists for online courses.
- Consult our Open Educational Resources LibGuide for help locating OER resources.
- The UFV Bookstore supports faculty and students with course textbooks. Please see their website for details on accessing print and electronic textbooks.
- We have a number of online tutorials, videos and LibGuides.
- Looking for help creating a bibliography? We have a new LibGuide on Using EndNote.
- For more help, consult our UFV Student Library Orientation LibGuide.